Interpretation and application of this policy is at the sole and absolute discretion of OGC.
1. The excessive use of profanity, or the use of profanity that does not add to the immersive quality of the game, is not permitted. Violations of this will result in a warning, followed by the suspension of the player's character if it continues. Extremely vulgar or crude profanity may result in an immediate suspension of the player's character. Failure to stop or reduce the use of a specific phrase or word when asked to will be considered a violation.
Note: profanity includes words and phrases generally considered offensive and is not limited to specific words or phrases. This includes the use of numbers or symbols (e.g. Trophy => Tr*phy) to replace portions of a word in an attempt to disguise it. Profanity may also include profane abuse involving out-of-character racial or ethnic slurs; language that is out-of-character hurtful; participation in hate propaganda; or offensive stereotyping.
2. Harassment of other players will not be tolerated. This may include but is not limited to sexual harassment (lewd comments), abuse of emotes or emotion commands, or targeting other players on message boards or in game for the purpose of harassment. If asked by anyone to stop harassing another player, please do so immediately.
Failure to stop the behavior will result in the suspension of your character.
Note: what constitutes harassment varies widely and comes from the state-of-mind of the person on the receiving end. In cases where players seem excessively sensitive, Cosrin Staff will determine whether the average player would feel harassed and take appropriate action.
3. Cosrin is based around fair game play and interactions with other players. Exploiting errors in design or bugs in the software for personal gain or to gain an advantage over other players is considered unfair and will be stopped.
While simultaneous use of multiple characters is allowed, controlling multiple characters to actively aide in combat is not.
An example of this includes but is not limited to grouping, guarding, or otherwise filling the role of another person in a group situation in which combat is taking place by any or all characters in the same or nearby rooms in such a way as to provide an advantage to any or all characters that would not otherwise exist.
This does not include preparatory or recovery activities such as buff spells, resurrection spells, crafted combat consumables, or inactive healing.
If asked by a member of Cosrin Staff to cease any activity involving multiple characters, please do so immediately.
Failure to do so may result in the permanent loss of all characters involved.
4. Occasionally, Cosrin staff members may ask that quests, item mixes, or puzzle solutions remain a secret by those who are able to solve them. Until such a moratorium has been lifted, players found in violation of the request will be penalized relative to the extent of the violation.
For all others, help and answers are permitted, but should never be given out over public channels, but rather through more direct means, and only after the player has specifically asked for help.
5. Disruptive behavior that may affect the enjoyment of Cosrin by other player will not be tolerated. Such behaviour may result in a loss of access to social commands available in the game, with continued violations leading to the loss of the character.
Note: disruptive behaviour may include but is not limited to scrolling of social channels, out-of-character conversation over social channels, roleplay that is extremely antisocial rather than appropriately "dark" for a fantasy environment, or disregard of requests by Cosrin Staff members.
6. Roleplay point "trading" will not be tolerated and includes but is not limited to the following:
1) Solicitation for roleplaying points from other players.
2) Agreeing to trade roleplaying points with another player.
Violation will result in a penalty and adjustment to your character. Repeated offenses may result in the permanent loss of your character. For appropriate use of roleplaying points, see HELP ROLEPLAY.
7. Overt sexual actions will not be tolerated.
No area of Cosrin may be considered private. Cosrin caters to players of all ages and behaviour should be appropriate for everyone in the game. The person who walks into your room may be a young child. Any such actions will result in the permanent loss of your character.
Note: This includes but is not limited to the roleplaying of childbirth within the game. There is no provision within Cosrin for characters below the age of 18. All characters arrive in the world on or after their 18th birthday.
8. Unattended automation of your character will not be tolerated. Players found in violation of this rule will be punished with the permanent loss of his or her character.
9. Impersonating another player will not be tolerated. Punishment for violating this rule will be relative to the violation.
10. Threatening or attempting to convince another player that a Cosrin Staff member will retaliate or show favoritism on your behalf will not be tolerated. Punishment for violating this rule will be relative to the
11. Cosrin Staff have the right to impose other rules not specifically stated here. Please obey the Cosrin Staff if you are asked to cease certain actions.
12. Cosrin requires its players to adhere to ALL conditions and terms of service put forth in both the game and message boards.